The hands of golfing greats have shaped and molded the golf links at Rosapenna. In 1891, while a guest of Lord Leitrim at his nearby estate, Old Tom Morris of St Andrews, a winner of four British Opens in the 1860’s took a drive to enjoy the Donegal scenery. Morris was quick to see the golfing potential of this fine stretch of Donegal coastline and he staked out the first Rosapenna Links. In 1906, James Braid & Harry Vardon both travelled to Rosapenna for an exhibition match and made some alterations to the links, mostly adding length and some detailed bunkering. A full century later Frank Casey, today’s owner of Rosapenna, dreamed a dream, a second 18 hole golf links in the dunes overlooking the Old Tom Morris masterpiece. He entrusted the realization of this dream to Pat Ruddy who mastery of links design is matched only by his knowledge and enthusiasm for the game of golf and the Sandy Hills Links was born in 2003. Rosapenna Golf Resort is now home to two of the finest courses to be found – The Old Tom Morris Links and the new Sandy Hill Links. Add to this a magnificent 4-star hotel on-site, tennis courts, swimming pool and all the facilities you would expect from a top class golf links hotel and resort.